Georgina McGrath RN
Clinical Nurse Consultant - Disability & Rehabilitation
About the instructor
Georgina (aka Georgie) McGrath established McGrath Nursing Consultancy in 2017. Georgie has over 10 years’ experience working in private practice as a Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Consultant. To learn more about Georgie: https://www.mcgrathnursing.com.au/meet-the-team
Georgie worked during her Registered Nursing undergraduate training days as an Assistant in Nursing on an inpatient Spinal Unit. Since graduating in late 1993 she has held a variety of positions from Community Spinal Adviser; Spinal Cord Injuries Clinical Nurse Consultant, Nurse Unit Manager (Brain Injury Unit); Nurse Educator (Rehabilitation and Stroke Program); Case Manager/Care Coordinator, Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Consultant and Team Leader for a large care provider.
Georgie has held positions in Sydney and as far north as Townsville and gathered multiple experiences that enrich her practice along the way. She holds post graduate qualifications in Community Nursing; Clinical Rehabilitation and Nurse Life-Care Planning.
Georgie can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact McGrath Nursing Consultancy:
Phone: (07) 3910 1275
What you can expect from this course:
- Be prepared to work with a person living with a spinal cord injury;
- Provides a baseline level of knowledge and education on supporting a person living with a spinal cord injury;
- Foundation theory / building block and piece of the puzzle to build on in conjunction with practical experience;
- Be informed to ensure you are being provided with and/or that you are providing adequate care and supporting aiming to decrease complications, an acceptable quality of care and ensuring hospital avoidance;
- Over three (3) hours of content;
- All students who successfully complete the Course will be issued with a Certificate (to demonstrate your professional development); and
- Complete in your own time - all students have access to the course for 90 days from the day of enrollment.
Spinal Cord Injury Module Course Content:
- Anatomy and physiology of SCI
- Respiratory (Breathing) System
- Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Postural Hypotension
- Temperature Regulation
- Sex, Sexuality and Fertility
The Training Room is a cloud based education platform providing cost effective training solutions to health and community disability sector workers and carers.